Total views : 198
Who is a School Leader?
School leadership models in India are hierarchical and either vertical or Horizontal. The power flows from top to bottom. This approach hinders the autonomy of the Teaching fraternity and creativity of students. Leadership role of the Indian school ought to be transformed to a ‘synchronizing’ force and expected to act as ‘facilitator’ of change. School leader, should have a silver lining of academic leadership who can really contribute in Curricular and Co- Curricular activities of the Educational Institution rather than playing the role of Manager or Administrator. Let us understand the perspectives and paradigms of school leadership in India and develop a pragmatic, proactive and result oriented unconventional academic leadership for Indian schools.
Pragmatic, Participatory, Ownership, Collective Wisdom, Academizing, Collaborative.
- National university of educational planning and administration.http://www.nuepa.org/ncsl.html.Date accessed:15/6/2015.
- A_definition_of_participatory_leadership.http://www.participatoryLeadership.com/Site/A_definition_of_Participatory_Leadership_.html. Date accessed: 07/10/2014.
- Participative decision making. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participative_decision-making. Date accessed:15/02/2017.
- J.L. Cotton, D.A. Vollrath, K.L. Froggatt, M.L. Lengnick-Hall, K.R. Jennings. Employee participation diverse forms and different outcomes.Academy of Management Review.1988;13(1), 8–22.
- MES-004 head teachers asschoolleaders block-1 IGNOU. New Delhi. 2011, 16-18.
- K. Sudha Rao. Eduational policies in India analysis and review of promise and performance. NUEPA. 2009,144-161.
- Four-future-trends-in-leadership-development. http://www.nicholaspetrie.com/lesson/four-future-trends-in Leadership development.Date accessed:07/05/2013.
- Govinda. Who goes to school. Oxford University Press. 2011.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development. http://mhrd.gov.in/rmsa.Date accessed:16/11/2016.
- There are currently no refbacks.